In the early stages of my career, I often admired people who were so in love with life that they greeted the day with great enthusiasm (en theos). When I learned the word “enthusiasm” comes from two Greek words “en”, meaning “within,” and “theos,” meaning “God”. Literally “God within!” I was determined to have a profession I enjoyed, instead of the mental and physical exhaustion, overwhelm, and anxiety I felt each Sunday evening as the freedom of the weekend waned.
In this article, I want to gift you a practical exercise which can be used to discover your authentic self. It is essential to develop these foundational practices in a world that oftentimes tries to control and define how, who and what you “should” be based on their system of rules. The beauty of creating a personal life vision blueprint is that it becomes your Guiding Star that determines your decisions even when factors outside your control affect you negatively. It is precisely during these challenging times that we must have a foundational practice, that sustains and nourishes us, rather than depletes us.
It was my devotion to create a spiritual practice that allowed me to define my self-worth based on a Divine power that empowers me from within. Once I was able to step back and connect to that power, I began to see solutions and resources. I used them to generate a plan that gave me a genuine sense of peace, balance, joy and enthusiasm for life. I became one of those people!
I focus on 11 areas of life that I call dimensions, that when in balance create a coherent holistic lifestyle design.
Carve out some time, it can be done in intervals, (schedule it if necessary) where you can be alone and intentional to consciously examine yourself as you set a clear vision for your life. Set the mood with some of your favorite indulgences. For example, candles, cup of ceremonial grade cacao, music, and a warm bath. It should feel like you are enjoying the process and loving on yourself. Sometimes difficult emotions may arise as you release old emotional wounds, but better out than in. It should not be attempted as just another task to be completed. It’s your life after all. Make it a deliberate masterpiece. If you find it difficult to do this for yourself, observe the mental chatter. It is usually a deeper underlying emotion or limiting belief that may be blocking you.
- Health & Fitness – how to tend to body temple? Body movements, food, and healthy choices
- Intellectual- new skill, book etc.
- Spirituality – the practice of relating to the power that dwells within you and all living life forms
- Personal Character- what kind of person you want to be? Your identity/persona
- Ego/emotional self- developing a stable relationship with it. Remove from dominant position
- Personal Beliefs – Challenge, release, or upgrade if necessary
- Meaningful Relationship – (romantic, parenting and friendships)
- Community – impact you want to leave. Legacy
- Celebration – social gatherings, connection, adventure, and delight
- Livelihood/Career – giving and receiving. Natural law of abundance
- Finances – stability, savings, retirement, philanthropy
Tamara Speid is a heart-centered revolutionary, guide, and experience artist devoted to empowering you to awaken from the mindset of struggle by experiencing a life filled with beauty. Follow Tamara on IG @thespeidexperience or visit her online at www.thespeidexperience.com.